Color, texture and lighting are the media used by interior designers to enhance the beauty and functionality of the world around them. As a graduate of our Interior Design program, you will be able to plan the interiors of restaurants, hotels, theaters or private homes — whatever environment stirs your passion.
With the Bachelor of Arts or Associate of Applied Science degree, you will learn about space planning and how to develop floor plans, which will prepare you for career opportunities as a senior designer, facilities manager, space planning director, kitchen and bath designer or CADD designer.
In our small class setting and with our real-world, hands-on approach, you’ll explore the increasingly popular principles of environmental and ergonomic design and see how a good interior design can:
- Improve productivity in offices
- Increase the market value of commercial buildings
- Create exciting environments for restaurants or nightclubs
And as an SCTD graduate, you’ll enjoy lifetime review privileges in your program to help you stay abreast of the latest technology in the interior design field. Use our Career Services department to help you succeed in your career.
Sullivan College of Technology & Design’s Interior Design degree program offers you:
- Small classes with hands-on learning – At SCTD, we know creative types are visual. We’ll set you up with industry-standard equipment and give you the opportunity to let your creativity soar.
- Quarter-based scheduling – Our curriculum is based on quarters, which means you can get from start to degree faster.
- Financial Aid – We will help you locate the financial aid for which you are qualified.
- Tuition guarantee – Your tuition will never increase, as long you are continuously enrolled in one of SCTD's degree programs.
- Career Services – Our Career Services department will help you locate and prepare for employment opportunities, and you can utilize this free service anytime you want to upgrade your career in the interior design field.
Interior Design Videos
National Kitchen and Bath Association
- Chance to earn scholarships
- Networking opportunities
- Learn advanced techniques
- Grants for NKBA student chapter activities
- Receive discounts and access to NKBA material
- Opportunities to search job listings on NKBA.org
Visit the NKBA website.
More about Interior Design:
American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) is a community of people driven by a common love for design and committed to the belief that interior design, as a service to people, is a powerful, multi-faceted profession that can positively change people's lives.
One of the country's largest design organizations dedicated to serving the residential interior design industry, the Interior Design Society offers members community, education and business support.
Meet the Department Chair
|Course||Class Title||Credit Hours|
|CCS100||College Success Strategies||4|
|IDD131||Design History I||4|
|IDD110||Introduction to Interior Design||4|
|IDD116||Architectural Drafting I||3|
|IDD157||2D/3D Design Foundations||3|
|CCS124||Art History I||4|
|IDD136||Architectural Drafting II||3|
|IDD151||Design History II||4|
|CCS225||Art History II||4|
|DRF135||Computer Aided Drafting I||3|
|IDD155||Residential Interiors I||3|
|IDD215||Residentail Interiors II||3|
|CCS156||Speech & Interpersonal Communication||4|
|DRF165||Computer Aided Drafting II||3|
|IDD240||Kitchen & Bath||3|
|IDD233||Contract Interiors I||3|
|IDD260||Sales and Business||4|
|IDD245||CADD for Interior Design||3|
|Total Program Credit Hours||110|
|Course||Class Title||Credit Hours|
|IDD253||Contract Interiors II||3|
|IDD300||Advanced Rendered Perspectives||3|
|IDD380||Advanced Kitchen & Bath||3|
|IDD320||Lighting Techniques II||4|
|IDD340||Color Thoery & Application||4|
|IDD385||Health Care & Universal Design||3|
|IDD360||Building Construction & Safety Codes||4|
|IDD390||Hospitality & Retail Design||3|
|CCS301||North American Geography||4|
|IDD400||Mechanical & Electrical Systems||4|
|IDD480||Project & Facilities Management||3|
|CGD115||Introduction to Digital Imaging||3|
|IDD440||Custom Casework & Furniture Design||3|
|IDD485||Housing, Urban Development & Sustainable Design||3|
|IDD490||Historic Preservation & Adaptive Use||3|
|Total Credit Hours||86|
|Total Credit Hours for A.A.S. (above)||110|
|Total Credit Hours for B.A.||196|